Sunday, November 4, 2012

Jason's birthday and Halloween

As I stated in our DC post, we arrived home on the afternoon of Jason's birthday.  With the help of my parents (my dad had flown in on Friday morning to spend the weekend) the kids had gotten Jason a few gifts and made a "cake" of Rice Krispy treats.  So we sang Happy Birthday and my mom cooked a delicious meal of pork chops and whipped potatoes. 



My parents had carved pumpkins with the kids when we were gone and the kids had a great time. We have two cameras and I left my older one at home. The kids are allowed to use this one. I looked at these photos and someone had messed with the color settings, our walls are yellow, not pink.


Halloween was Wednesday night.  Rachel and Nathan had band practice, as usual, from 6 to 9.  The band director encouraged the kids to dress up and asked the parents to come provide trunk-or-treating at their 7:30 break time. Anna had been invited to a friend's house for a party that also started at 6. I left with the four youngest at 6:15 to go door-to-door. We got back at 7 and I headed down to the high school to hand out candy there.
At the last minute Sarah changed her mind, again, and decided to go in her pajamas as a baby. 50 zillion princess costumes and unicorn costumes and she goes in pj's.

1 comment:

The Brown's Sanitarium said...

First off this looks like a really fun time. Secondly I am super jealous that you have parents that actually want to be involved in your kids lives. I can't even get mine to show up to a birthday party. Now to read about your DC trip. :)