Sunday, September 1, 2013

School Starts

Time for the annual "First day of school" photos. School started on Monday the 26th. Sarah gets to ride the bus with Caleb and Darik.Sarah, Caleb and Darik catch the bus at 7:35 and return home by 3:30. Anna and Jaron can walk or ride bikes to their school. So far I've given them rides because I have had errands to run before class starts for me. School starts at 9 for them but they like to be there early so they usually arrive about 8:30. Classes get done at 4 so they're home by 4:30. Rachel and Nathan drive to school.

Seminary starts at 5:45 and we live 10 minutes from the church. Rach and Nate get up at 4:45 to leave by 5:30 to be on time. Then they drive from the church to the school. Rachel has two dual-credit courses (sociology and US Govt) at a separate location about a mile beyond the high school. Then she drives back to the high school for the last 5 periods of the day. Those two have band practices on Mon and Wed from 3-5:30 with a practice on Saturday mornings from 9-12.

School started for me on Monday also. I am taking the second semester of Anatomy and Physiology, Texas Government (needed for a bachelor's degree in the state of Texas), and Sociology (because I didn't take it the first time around and I have to have it to apply to the nursing program). I have A&P on Mondays and Wednesdays from 10-1 and the other two classes are on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 10 and 1. So I get Fridays off to study and get ahead of my work. (Positive thinking there that I didn't say, "Catch up on my work.") Should be a good semester!

Now for the important part of this post, the pictures!








And we're off! Hoping to keep the enthusiasm alive until next June but it might be a little too much to ask. =)

No comments: