Sunday, September 28, 2008

Busy September

So the first day of school brought so much more to our schedules. My days are so much busier than they were this summer but the structure is nice. All of the kids are doing well in school so far and are enjoying their teachers.

In between softball games, baseball games, gymnastics classes(Anna and Jaron), Young Women's(Rachel), scouts(Nathan), Activity Days(Anna), early morning Pinetones practice (Anna, singing), early morning Jazz band(Rachel, trumpet), and early morning strings(Nathan, violin), piano lessons(R,N,and A),school, work, eating and sleeping, some cute and or note-worthy things have taken place.

Darik has class Mon, Wed, and Thur 9 to 11:45. I found a friend to carpool with so I don't have to drive each of those days, just some. I'm liking that a lot. He went on a field trip September 24th to Walter's Farm up on Greenbluff. I was a driver for his class, they always love my van. I got to bring Sarah and Caleb along too. We rode a "train", a trailer with benches pulled behind a tractor and got to see how to make apple cider. They got to pick apples and had a great time. I forgot my camera. In my defense we had to be to the school by 8:15 in the morning and I picked up Ashton, my carpooling buddy, so it was a crazy morning.

Darik saw the ENT this last week and all looks good! We don't have to see him again for another year!!!! It was a long road to get his ears healthy but we've finally arrived. He hasn't had an infection in a long time and the tubes have come out on their own and the membrane is working correctly. Yeah for modern technology.

Sarah cut a second tooth and once a day now I'm offering some rice cereal. She still thinks I'm crazy for feeding it to her but we keep trying. One of these days she'll thank me for introducing more than nursies to her diet. She's scooting really well. She gets up on all fours, rocks back and forth, pushes forward and falls forward. She then repeats these actions and can make it across the room, slowly. It won't be long until she can stay on her knees as she moves forward.

The picture of our tree was taken the 13th. That particular tree on the eastern edge of our driveway has a very bad case of mistletoe. Jason limbed it up about 2/3rds in an attempt to save it's life. Hopefully we won't have to take the whole thing down. He did a good job and didn't fall out of the tree. Yah! On the 20th we went to the Brown's house and he took down a tree for them also. He likes that type of thing. There are no actions shots of either of these events, my job is to keep kids safe while the limbs are falling. Enough said.

The other day Caleb was running to Sarah from the stairs and screeching. She thought it was so funny. Every time he screeched she did the funny little "swimmy" thing. Of course, by the time I got the camera I couldn't get a shot where both took place as I'm describing it. But hopefully you get the idea. I did pick one that doesn't have Caleb screeching. For any of you who have talked to me on the phone and heard his "war cry", you're welcome. If you haven't heard him, count yourself fortunate and grateful for your complete hearing, the rest of us suffer from a little hearing loss.




I included the picture of Caleb because he went to the garage and put on Darik's shoes and was trying to walk around in them. He looked pretty cute. As a sidenote, potty training is going fairly well. We've had some days with no accidents at all and no reminding. We've had other days with lots of both. But we're done with diapers and on to life with more laundry. =)

I'm hoping to do a better job of recording, which means remembering to BRING the camera along, and posting. Wish me luck.


2 comments:

Cherisa said...

Cute pictures! I am lovin' your highchair even though I'm not much of a highchair fan to begin with. Your kids are all looking pretty cute. Sarah's really taking off!

Heather B said...

Great post! It's SO fun to watch them grow, isn't it?