First day of school for Central Valley district was Thursday Sept 4th. Rachel's bus is the first to arrive at 7:52. She really wanted a messenger bag for school this year and purchased this for herself, blue camo. Hope she likes the shoes, deciding on those took 1.5 hours of the said 2 to find. Her school day is longer now that she's chosen to participate in softball. School is out at 2:40 and practice gets done at 5:00. There is an activities bus that takes her home but it doesn't get her home until almost 6. She doesn't mind, she likes the reading time.
She and Anna chose to wear "matching" shirts to school, they sure looked grown up. Nathan also got himself a new bag called a sling style. Works well because he was only using one strap of his backpack last year.
Nathan, Anna and Jaron get on the bus at 8:42. They were excited to start school also. Jaron was happy to make and take a lunch. He loves being there all day and riding with Anna and Nathan back home.
Darik's open house was Friday so his "first day" pictures were taken Friday morning. He's wearing his new Power Ranger shirt that he loves. He starts classes for real on Monday morning. He'll go Mon, Wed, and Thurs from 9 to 11:45. And I found someone to rideshare with so I'm very excited about that.
Thursday Nathan started baseball practice through Spokane Youth Sports Association. He will have practices usually on Wed and Fri with double headers on Saturday. This will last just 5 short weeks through October 4th. He's having a great time. He played two games yesterday and lost one and won one. He tripled on one up to bat. We're very happy for him that he is enjoying it and learning a new sport.
And not to be outdone by anyone, Sarah made sure to get her "first day" in earlier this week. She got her first tooth on Monday. You can't see it yet but you can feel it when you run your finger over her gums. She has also gotten very good at getting up on hands and knees and rocking back and forth. I tried to grab a few pictures of it but it's hard to tell. And last, but not least, Caleb. He likes to get his picture taken so I've included him but his "first" is also mine and we have no pictures. Our first "potty training at baseball practice" was this week. He's getting pretty good at staying dry. Little longer to go and he'll have it down with no problems. It's getting better every day, takes a while to perfect though. In the mean time, I'm the woman at baseball practice with 5 extra kids and a potty chair. I'll leave the rest to the imagination. =)
5 comments:
Well, you never know when that potty chair may come in handy for other families watching the games!
I can't get over how big the kids are all getting. I'm guessing I'll barely recognize them come Christmas!
You are an amazing blogger!! And mom :)
What a great bunch of kids you have. They all look so nice for the first day of school, not nervous at all. Thanks for sharing.
Seems the kids have grown even since I saw them over the Summer! Anna is looking especially grown up, and your baby is *SO* cute!!
I felt exhausted after reading your post! You guys are s obusy! Ut I guess that keep life interesting. Looksl like y'all are having fun!
Post a Comment