Sunday, January 11, 2009

Another busy week

This has been another busy week. The kids were supposed to start back to school on Monday morning, but that didn't happen. They started back on Thursday due to weather issues. On Tuesday I took them to Jump and Bounce, they had a good time. No pictures of that activity, you've seen them before. Funny thing is that for our first day back two of my kids didn't make it to school.

Anna had four teeth pulled on Thursday morning. The kids saw the dentist on Friday the 2nd. He determined that she needed 4 teeth removed to try and help the permanent teeth that are already coming in to come in straight. Anna tends to worry a little bit so I took the first appointment available, not knowing it would be the first day back to school. She did very well with the procedure and by noon begged to go back to school, I took her in at 1:30 for the last 1.5 hours.

This was taken the morning of her extractions.




This was after the extractions.




Nathan also stayed home that day. Thursday is late start and so I have to take all the kids with me as I drop Darik at preschool. Rachel either gets on the bus as we leave or we drop her off on our way to drop off Darik so all kids go together. Earlier in the morning Nathan had been complaining of not feeling well. Halfway home from the preschool he was begging me to pull over so that he wouldn't puke in the car. He was green, I kept him home. He felt better on Friday. So I got one day of normalcy this week.

Sarah cut two new teeth this week. They came in up on top, bringing the top total to 3 and the bottom still at two. She also learned a new skill this week. She can now crawl to the top of the stairs, turn around, and back down the stairs all by herself! It's so cool for her to have the ability to decide where she wants to go and then go there. We're happy for her new-found freedom. She continues to work on her walking skills, when she's feeling patient. But she can crawl so quickly she uses that to get around most often.


Jason got some new toys this week. He got a new monitor and a wall mount for it. This way he can WOW and walk on the treadmill all at the same time. On the way home from the dentist on the 2nd he asked me to pick up another snow shovel. Home Depot was out, I decided he had earned an improved shovel, I got him a snow blower. It has only snowed enough once to use it since then. But even if we get no more snow this winter (like that will happen) it's a small price to pay.


We're looking forward to the coming week: all kids at school every day they are supposed to be there, snow melting slowly, no new snow arriving, regular boring life. If you can call life with seven kids boring. Darik has a birthday arriving on Tuesday, 5 years can seem so short sometimes. We'll have pictures of that next week.

5 comments:

Mom said...

You have sure had a busy week. Anna, your Granpa had a tooth pulled on Thursday morning also so he knows how you feel.
And Sarah, wow you will definately keep your folks busier now that you are able to get around so good.
Glad to hear that everyone is feeling better and able to go back to school.
Let's hope for no more snow for awhile.

Unknown said...

Yay for Sarah! I've got to say, those are some SWEET pants.

Heather B said...

What a busy and great week! Yay for a snow blower! Sarah looks awesome!! That picture of Jason on the treadmill playing WOW is priceless :)

Heather B said...

Anna,
Your toothless smile is SO BEAUTIFUL!!! We're so happy we'll still be in the same ward as you guys too. See you in Primary!
Love,
The Beauchamp Family

Cherisa said...

That's quite a setup Jae's figured out for the keyboard on his treadmill. I don't think I'll let Ian see it or he'll be asking for one, too!

Poor Anna! Let's hope one day she has a gorgeous smile and a mouth full of teeth that have just enough room!

And good Job to Sarah! One new skill down... So many more to go. But that's mortality for you!