So here's my attempt at catching up before leaving tomorrow morning for Spring Break in Oregon. Wrestling matches continued to go well for Nate. He won a bronze medal each time he competed, the 14th, 21st and 28th. He had fun and wants to do this again next year. He learned a lot and was looking really good by yesterday. I've included a few, better, pictures.
He had his last Pinewood Derby on the 19th. He had a great time designing and building his car. He placed second in one of the heats he ran. The car didn't perform as well as he had hoped but he learned that the love of his family and friends is of much greater worth than how well a 5oz car runs compared to 20 other boys.
We celebrated St. Patrick's Day with Green Eggs and ham (and green pancakes) for dinner.
Then we were off to watch Jaron perform in his 1st grade program. He did a great job! He was in the chorus and was so expressive. It was a lot of fun to watch him.
Both Rachel and Anna helped out by performing with Jazz Band and Pinetones (respectively) at a benefit dinner held on the 24th to benefit a teacher at University High. They did the same numbers they performed at the mall earlier this month. Anna had her first solo and I recorded it on my other camera and haven't had time to transfer it. She did a great job, even though the mic cut out on her. I was so happy for her that she was able to overcome some of her stage fright to perform in front of so many people.
Parent/teacher conferences for Nathan, Anna and Jaron were on Monday the 23rd. They are all doing well in school and each of their teachers seem to enjoy having them in class. I was pleased with their progress and they seem to be happy in the work they are accomplishing. While at Anna's visit I noticed her picture,the one that was featured at the mall, hanging on Mrs. Olson's wall. I took a picture for you all to see but then Mrs. Olson gave it to me to keep.
Darik's class took a field trip to Cabela's on the 25th. I went along, didn't have to drive if you can believe that! I was even able to bring Caleb along also. We had a good time at the store.
Caleb checking out the fish on display.
Our favorite, the shooting range.
Darik saw the ophthalmologist on the 19th. He failed his vision screening at his kindergarten check up back in February. The results of our visit to the doctor on the 19th confirm that he is severely near-sighted. He chose a cool pair of red frames but they are on back order. His lenses came in on the 26th and the opticians put them in a brown frame to let him wear them this week until we get back and his other set comes in. So here' what he looks like now.
Just a few gems from this experience. Upon first putting them on Thursday afternoon he announced, "Hey mom, did you know you have wrinkles on your face?" Yes, I did laugh. He walked funny for just a little bit but seemed to adjust to them pretty well. As soon as he woke up Friday morning he put them right on and didn't take them off until bed. He loves to ask someone to stand in the living room and then runs to the end of the hall and yells, "I can still see you!!!" We had no clue this was a problem prior to the screening but he is taking great joy in being able to see and we're happy too.
We bought a new chair for the living room and ended up re-arranging our furniture. Just a few pics to show you.
The 21st was the release date of the Twilight movie. Rae had some friends over that night to watch the special edition. They had a great time. Basketball got over the 24th and the 7th grade JV team finished the season undefeated. Rae learned a lot and improved as an athlete. The 26th Rachel was part of the entertainment at a Relief Society Birthday dinner. The Young Women put on a fashion show of modest clothing for us. They did a good job but Rachel isn't that comfortable working the runway. Hindsight being what it is I should have worked with her before hand but didn't. Brought back some memories of modeling at Wenatchee Valley Mall for two years.
We had a primary activity on the 21st and the kids had a good time at it. Darik couldn't attend because he got pink-eye but I've included a few pictures of the others.
I think that covers most of the month since my last post. It has been crazy but I wouldn't change any of it. It is such a pleasure to watch our children grow and develop their own talents and skills. It is a privilege to be their parents. Hopefully I will do a better job of keeping this updated next month. Not so much is planned for April. Gymnastics is over for Jaron and he will not be doing soccer, we've postponed that to the fall. Wrestling is over and Rachel has no interest in tennis or track. Yeah, I might be able to breathe a little.
5 comments:
What a fabulous and busy month! That Primary activity was amazing! I love the green pancakes and eggs, we do that kind of stuff too :) I must say, Darik looks VERY cute in his glasses, and his comments at being able to see are priceless.
Hey, you guys have a GREAT week on vacation!
Long, long post. Seriously. Your life would exhaust the Energizer Bunny!
So here's my long comment for your long post:
Congrats to Nate on all of hi wrestling and the pinewood derby. A big "Ewwww!" for the green eggs (espcially with cheese on them). Congrats on all the musical and artistic talents of Jaron, Rache, and Anna. Darik's new glasses are cute and I'm so glad he can see (and totally remember adjusting to new glasses). The new chair looks AWESOME in the living room! Yes, you should have offered some modeling tips to your eldest daughter (remember my attempts at an A-turn?). And lastly, Primary certainly keeps you "busy" (not that you needed help in that area of your life).
Have a fun Spring Break! Maybe "break" will apply to you as well as the kids!
Rachel,
You did an AWESOME job at the fashion show! Way to go!
Nathan,
Your car looked SO cool at the derby race!
Darik,
You look GREAT in your glasses on Sunday, so grownup!
Thanks for fitting us in on your extremely busy month. It was so nice to see you. Have a good April.
Post a Comment