Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I swore it would never happen

I know, it's been a few weeks since I updated. I'll repent of that later. For today the story is SNOW. If I could take a few moments to refresh your memory I will take you back to January of this, the year of our Lord, 2009. My poor, sweet husband had shoveled us out of record snowfall in January of 2008 and again, record snowfall in December of 2008. On January 2nd of 2009 I was sent to Home Depot to buy a new snow shovel to replace the worn and abused shovel he was using. Home Depot was out of snow shovels, and in a show of faith to boost our economy I brought home instead a little snow blower. He was so excited to see it! And then got to use it ONCE! It never snowed enough again last winter.

So this fall as people have been speculating as to IF we'll get snow and how much we'll see I continue to respond that, "It shouldn't snow for years. I bought Jason a snow blower last January so we won't see any accumulations worthy of a snow blower for at least a couple of winters." Seems like sound reasoning, right? I give you this morning...









And now, to steal from a very famous television add, Gas down to Home Depot - $4, time spent in HD alone with 7 kids - 20 minutes(not sure how to bill that one, even for a veteran like myself), snow blower - $400, this smile - priceless.




Love you babe, enjoy!

5 comments:

EvieMae said...

Now that's awesome! I love the look on Jason's face. Totally worth it!

Heather B said...

THAT'S GREAT! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Boys and their toys! Love that grin! Glad that you guys are getting to take part in some of the white stuff too. We've had more than enough in the last week. I told a guy at Target yesterday that I don't need a white Christmas, I've already had it!

Unknown said...

Some days, all it takes is a machine...

The Brown's Sanitarium said...

the smile really is priceless.