Thursday, February 18, 2010

President's Day fun

So this day off from school I remembered/was able to take pictures of our adventure. As usual, we got up and cleaned up the house to make sure it was in perfect order before heading off for fun. Then I treated the kids to lunch at Carl's Jr. in Liberty Lake. They haven't been to this one and it has a play structure. Of course Rachel wasn't all that impressed but that's to be expected of a young lady almost 14 years old.

Then we headed east to Cabela's. The kids knew we were meeting Jen and her crew (plus a few extras that came along) for another scavenger hunt but we hadn't told them where it would be. Jen had made up a great list and I supplied the winning treats. We had three teams of 4 and 5 and asked them to work hard at not running or yelling. They did a great job.

Jen, Caleb, Sarah and I got to shop for about 45 minutes in relative peace. We never heard the kids as they moved around the store searching for their goals. The winning team was LeJune (an extra of Jen's), Nathan, Anna L., Maria B, and Darik. After all teams checked in we headed over to the shooting gallery to hone our rifle skills (or yell at the machine for "cheating").

Sitting in the cart waiting for the game to begin.


Team A


Team B


Team C

As I was about to take this picture some guy walked through the front door and did this....


The collage.


At the shooting range.


Playing a card game at Family Home Evening that night after Jaron's lesson.


We had a great day! It was fun to have some time off from school and get to spend it together doing fun things.

1 comment:

The Chamberlain Family said...

That looks like so much fun Lanae. I need to start being a better planner of days like this. We spent most of our day deciding what to do...and then didnt have much time left for having fun. You are awesome. I am glad you had so much fun together.