Sunday, February 14, 2010

The first two weeks of February

We've been busy around here as usual. On February 2nd Rachel had a jazz concert over at North Idaho College. Jason worked from home and I was able to leave the three youngest with him and go watch it. She had a solo and did a great job on it.




February 5th (4-8pm) and Saturday the 6th (8am - 12) I attended a Strategic Planning Summit for the Central Valley School District. I had a good time, learned lots and helped shape the direction the district is going in with its goals and mission statement.

On February 9th Caleb had a field trip to the post office during school. I got to go along as Jason was working from home again and I got to leave Sarah there.







On the 11th everyone had their Valentine's parties at school and Sarah and I joined Caleb's class. Jaron lost another tooth that evening and was visited by the tooth fairy. He received the usual dollar coin and is walking around singing, "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth." They should be in by then so he has to sing it now, or so he tells me. His tooth is in the baggie.




February 12th was a scheduled snow day off from school. Jen Brown and I met up at the church, there a few perks to being the Primary President - keys to the building, and let the kids have a couple games of kickball in the gym. She and I were the referees and coaches so I forgot to take pictures. Then we headed back to my house and let them play the playstation, air hockey, the Wii Rock Band and with toys while we got lunch ready. By afternoon they were all tired out and Jen took her crew home to recover.

Rachel had a Young Women's basketball game Saturday morning and Nathan had a merit badge clinic so we spent some time over at the Stake Center Saturday morning. Nathan completed his medicine merit badge. Rae's team won, though they didn't have enough girls show up and so they combined with Bel Terre ward to make a complete team. She had fun and will be starting middle school basketball on Tuesday the 16th.

There is no school again tomorrow and Jen and I are getting together again for a scavenger hunt at a different location. I'll remember to take pictures tomorrow. To celebrate Valentine's day today we will be having a nice family dinner with Prime Rib. Prime Rib was on sale at Christmas time and we bought an extra one to be used later on. We thought a great dinner to celebrate the love of family was a great way to use it.

Well that's the highlights of what we've been up to these first two weeks. I won't bore you with everything we've been up to, but suffice it to say we sleep well each night. We've been battling colds but we're on the mend. Hope you each have a Happy Valentine's day!

No comments: