Sunday, April 29, 2012

Quick trip to Spokane

As I said in the previous post, we returned home Saturday night. Monday I had a test and Wednesday I had school too. On Friday night I flew up to Spokane. Jason's sister, Nicci, had a beautiful baby girl, Addisyn, on March 13th. She moved from Colorado Springs to Spokane on the 30th of March because her husband is serving in Afghanistan for 9 months. She is living with her sister, Selina and family, for the interim. Selina and Jenny, Jason's other sister, threw Nicci a lovely baby shower on the 22nd of April and I was able to attend.

While in Spokane I got to visit with my friends Jen, Alisse, Shawna, Kim and Deborah. I also found some time on Saturday to visit with Erin, my other sister-in-law, Forrest's wife, Nicci and Addisyn. I got to hold this cute new baby without having to share her with anyone else. It was a wonderful treat. And while I enjoyed it very much it did confirm one thing for sure, I don't need/want any more children. I love the seven I have, and I loved holding that new little life, but there was no desire to do that again for myself.



I spent most of Sunday up with family at Selina's. It was good to see aunts and cousins and sisters-in-law and Linda. I wish there had been more time to visit but I enjoyed the time I was able to be up there. Nicci is already a great mom and it was wonderful to get to spend time with her and Erin exclusively on Saturday. Being that they are so much younger than Jason and me there haven't been a lot of opportunities to spend time together as just women and I enjoyed the opportunity to continue building our friendships.

I got some good pictures of Addisyn but realized that I never took any with my friends. The next time I visit Spokane I am going to make time to take pictures with each of my friends. To be honest, any time I visit we just seem to pick up where we left off so I don't think of it as being "picture worthy". I'll do that differently next time.

On a completely unrelated note I am including a few pictures of the car I got to drive this weekend. I had reserved a compact/economy car. With just me in the vehicle I didn't need anything too fancy or big so I went with cheapest. When I went to get it the guy offered me the upgrade for free. It was a really nice car to drive and I enjoyed it very much. I only had two complaints, 1. there are other cars on the road, 2. there are speed limits.

 I did take it out Friday night with Jenn and opened it up as much as I had courage to. I turned onto a country road marked 55 and got it up to 80 before I decided I should slow down. It was a free upgrade but a speeding ticket would have made it an expensive upgrade. I also decided that if this nursing thing doesn't work out I'll become a race car driver for a career! =)



 I had a paper and power point presentation due Monday so I finished those up while I was at Alisse's house Sunday night. I left first thing Monday morning and arrived back in Reno about 1:30 that afternoon. Class was that night and I was tired but it was such a good visit that I really didn't mind.

2 comments:

Ann Marie said...

Such fun!!

Mom said...

Glad you were able to come up for Nicci's baby shower. Short visit but good to see you.