The neat thing about the level he is playing at, which is just one level above T-Ball, is that each kid gets to swing until contact is made. Fielding is a little sketchy, at best, so it's a comical sight to see these kids playing "baseball". I had no idea what to expect for him but I think it will be a fun and instructive season for him. He had a lot of fun.
He is so tall for his age and this level allows kids from ages 6 to 8 play so he towers over most of his team mates. We let him use Nathan's old pants from fall ball of 2008. They're too small so we'll have to go get him different ones but it was all I had. I assumed (you know what they say about that) that since Nathan was over the age of 10 when he wore them that they should fit DTL this year, as he's barely 8. Didn't put them on him til the morning of; live and learn.
Walking in with his team.
Flag ceremony.
Now, let's "Plaaaaaaay ball!"
1 comment:
Looks like fun! The swing until you hit rule was my nemesis. The teachers played softball vs the 5th graders every spring when I was teaching. I would have to stand there and swing forever before they finally let me sit down. The game was definitely not for me.
Post a Comment