Sunday, May 26, 2013

Rachel goes to prom

Prom was April 13th. Rachel was invited to attend by a friend from church, his name is Ty. Rachel had some very clear ideas on what she wanted her dress to look like for the dance. Unfortunately, what she wanted is not sold in stores. But I know how to sew so a new project was born. We had a lot of fun picking the material and the pattern. I got to brush up on some long neglected sewing skills and also got a new machine out of the deal because mine died. We really enjoyed the time we got to spend together in the fittings. I ultimately needed some help from a new friend in putting the zipper in but it turned out lovely, if not perfectly, and R had a great time that evening. (She let me do her hair for the event, can you believe it turned out so pretty?)

Some outdoor shots at a park in town. There were so many other couples doing the same thing, it was quite the kaleidoscope of colors with all the pretty dresses on display. I should have taken pictures but I didn't want to creep people out by taking their picture.

They went with three other friends to the dance. Apparently a date is not a requirement and this other young man is good friends with the two guys, so a fivesome it was.

Many thanks to my sister for making her corsage and Ty's boutonniere.

And after a lot of picture taking, I've spared you a lot, they took off for a wonderful evening of dinner and dancing.

1 comment:

The Chamberlain Family said...

She looks so beautiful! Her dress and her hair are perfect! Good job Momma!