It was our second Sunday at church here in Reno and we had a good service. It is kind of weird to go to the adult classes as I've been working with the children for the past four years in Spokane. But it is nice to attend classes with Jason, a new experience after a long time.
We woke up to snow falling this morning. It was sticking pretty well also but had managed to melt off the roadways by 2. Our first week and a half here in Reno has experienced warm January weather, highs in the low 50's. We were beginning to believe it didn't snow here in the Washoe Valley. It does, but it doesn't seem to stay, and that's okay by me. I don't like shoveling.
The first week of classes has gone well for the kids. They are thriving on the routine that school brings and I am slowly getting our home in order. I still have some "lost" items since I haven't unpacked every box yet but we're getting by just fine.
Anna and Rachel have both had the opportunity to go to a friend's house this week and spend some time with some new friends. Jaron got to participate in his first Pinewood Derby. His den leader called last Sunday night and invited us over on Monday to cut out a car. He sanded it, painted it and attached the wheels on Tuesday evening and then off to the races. It didn't win any heats but he did have a good time participating.
Nathan is enjoying school. This middle school only requires one semester of PE and he satisfied that in Spokane so he's getting to take some exploratory classes. He really enjoys that. He got sick Tuesday night and stayed home from school on Wednesday. Because of being sick he missed his first night of Scouts but he'll be going this week.
One cool thing for me is that Young Men's, Young Women's, Activity Day girls and scouting are all held at the church at 7 on Tuesday night. No multiple days and times for these activities. I really like that. I didn't mind it much in Spokane but I'm kind of excited for the change this brings.
No comments:
Post a Comment