Monday, March 14, 2011

Busy weekend

So another busy weekend has come and gone. Rachel had tournament play on Friday with two games, one at 3 and one at 4:30. I was able to make it to the latter one after the kids got home. Nathan babysat between 4, when I left, and 5, when Jason got home from work. Rae and I got home about 7, after a few errands on the way home from the game (that was held about 18 miles away). We had dinner and then at 8 had a couple over to play pinnochle. Jason was hired one month before Steve and he and his wife, Katie are as new in town as we are. So we had them over for some dessert and a few rounds.

On Saturday I had a women's conference that I attended from 9 to noon. Rae had tournament play from 9 to 2 in the same place as Friday's games. After I got done with my conference, which is only 10 miles from the sports complex, I went and watched her play the last of her three games. They had won the first game, barely lost the second game and badly lost the third game. I'm glad I was there for the last one. She is looking good as a player.
Friday's game.

Saturday's game.




Jason bought an elliptical machine last Saturday and was able to go pick it up this Saturday. He and the rest of the kids got it, set it up and then worked on the backyard while Rach and I were gone. They got a lot done! They pulled rocks and sagebrush out and worked hard.


Gramma and Grampa Ski got all the kids a combined birthday gift of a new trampoline. The net had come apart from the mat last season and it was becoming dangerous. This yard really required a net seeing as there is only rock all around the trampoline. We got that switched out this weekend also. We are breathing much better now with the net up. Thanks G&G!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If only we would have known that you two play pinnochle! We used to play with my parents. I love that game!
I said a small "oh my" as I looked at all of the large rocks in the yard. Do you specifically look for yards with big rocks for Jason to move? (grin)
I am so happy to see Rae getting involved so quickly.
Love to all,
Ann

Unknown said...

Looks like a lot of work-- glad you got the trampoline and net up. Rachel's looking good in her outfit.

Unknown said...

(That comment says it's from Will, but it's from me, of course. -Alisse)

kimkern said...

I was wondering if you guys still played pinocle. Glad you do. Ernie and I play with my parents regularly! I can't think of Dakota's birth without thinking of you guys and pinocle.