Monday, March 28, 2011

Cabela's of Reno

Reno has a Cabela's so we decided to go check it out. I bought a carpet cleaner because the home we are renting has very light colored carpet and the family room adjoining the kitchen has had some stuff dropped on it. I don't want to forfeit any of our deposit so I got the Bissell to make my life better. We cleaned the carpet in the tv room and the couches in both the tv room and the living room on Saturday morning. Then we needed to go run some errands so they would have time to dry.

Before we started the cleaning project all the kids sat down for breakfast. This doesn't happen very often so I took some pictures. Everyone's days start at different times so we eat in shifts at our house. Everyone at breakfast together is kind of rare. Jason was off shooting hoops at the church and I was setting up the new Bissell but I stopped to take these.



We stopped at the recycling center, returned DVD's and took the kids up to Cabela's, and then stopped at Wal-Mart and Sam's club. The Cabela's is set up the flip of the one in Spokane. We had a good time looking around and comparing and contrasting the two stores.

Yup, we bought the game, on sale from $40 to $10, the kids enjoyed it after we got back home.

I couldn't resist, I totally staged this one.

And the rebellion starts.

That's all, folks!

No mountain in the center of this Cabela's. The changing seasons are on the back wall.

A display of African animals is in the center with a really big elephant.


Then it's off to the shooting range.

Cabela's is at exit 4 on the I-80, so just a few miles from California. I took a picture of the hills right by the store. Kind of reminds me of Eastern Washington.


After the shooting range we stopped by the general store for a few pieces of fudge and then we were off to run the rest of our errands. We had a great Saturday and got a lot done around the house. Not outside, though. It was cold and snowing in the morning and Rachel's double-header had to be rescheduled. That evening she and I attended the Young Women's General broadcast and really enjoyed ourselves.

No comments: