Anna went to our church's Girl's Camp. She left Tuesday morning the 24th and returned home the afternoon of the 28th. She had a great time and made new friends. Here's her before picture, all clean and ready to go.
And here she is the day she came home.
Here are few shots from camp, taken with our other camera.
On the 28th Nathan took a bike ride with a friend down the new highway near our home. This highway will open on August 12th but on the 28th they let the public walk, run and ride up to a bridge 8.5 miles from where it currently ends. Nathan and Issac had a good morning ride and made it there and back in just over an hour.
Views from the bridge.
Some time in the last few weeks of July Jason and I stopped by Wal-Mart and happened to notice this shirt. It was just too good to pass up. It seemed most fitting to pose for it next to the van, I'm sure you understand why.
Later that day at Wal-Mart we were buying some body wash for Jason that was on clearance. Somehow one bottle got pressed and Jason ended up wearing some of the body wash. He smelled good and clean the rest of the day. =)
I think some ended up on me, thanks to Jae being willing to share the love.
Reno is a VERY dry place to live but occasionally we get a little moisture. One day it was lightly raining, not enough to register precipitation for the records, but just enough to create this double rainbow.
While Anna was gone to camp I took the other kids to EZ Air to burn off some energy.
Without a very nice camera this is not the easiest place to take pictures in. Oh well, I'm sure you get the idea.
Jason took a short woodworking course two Monday nights in July and has since produced these beautiful works of art.
If you have ever seen Jason's doodles you know how abstract and creative he is in his thinking. I love how his mind works. Anyway, he's really enjoying a 3D medium for his creative talents. I'm just grateful that the number of band-aids and super glue needed for these projects are decreasing as he improves his skills. =)
All in all, a good month.
2 comments:
Looks like you had a great summer and the pool held out. Hooray!!. was kinda weird seeing pucturews of the landscape and nothing being on fire. :) Good job Jason. The worrd working looks great.
Absolutely love the t-shirt! Jason has an amazing eye for woodworking.
Post a Comment