Tuesday, July 16, 2013

A motorcycle, Sarah's graduation, last day of school and Youth Conference

A long time ago (2003) in a place far, far away (Spokane, WA) Jason sold his motorcycle to help pay some bills while he was in law school. Since that time he has wanted to replace it and it just hasn't happened to date. Since we moved to Texas he has been looking at motorcycles. One day he showed me one that he liked and I decided to get it for him.

The next day I drove to a small town nearby and loaded up the motorcycle and brought it home for him. With a little finagling I was able to get the motorcycle into the van so he never suspected a thing. When he got home from work I told him I'd done some shopping and needed him to help me unload the van. He had no idea and was so surprised! It was great!

He had to reattach the windshield that was taken off to fit inside the van.

He still had his helmet.

He's been enjoying his new wheels since.

On May 23rd Sarah graduated from preschool!! It was my seventh, and final, preschool graduation. She's off on the new adventure of kindergarten, bringing us along for a foray into all kids in school, all day long! Woo-hoo! For the last 18 years I have been either pregnant or caring for children under age 5 with half-day preschools. This is a whole new frontier for our family. Sarah is so excited for kindergarten to start and can't wait to ride the bus with her brothers. But in the meantime, here are pictures of "her cuteness"!

Happy graduation to Sarah!

The last day of school was June 6th. When the kids got home Jason took off early and we headed up to Costco to do some shopping. We met a man to buy a marimba for Anna so that we can quit renting the other one. After loading up the back of the van we headed for home, but not before stopping off at Red Robin for a celebratory dinner. Red Robin is a family favorite and the closest one is 35 minutes from home so it was our first time there since moving to Texas. On our way from Costco to Red Robin we got to see some really cool lightening. We love storms!
Ready to start traveling.

Eating at our favorite place.


On June 13th-15th Rachel and Nathan had a conference for the youth of our church ages 14-18. The theme of the conference was "The Ties That Bind" focusing on building relationships with our family members. They had a good time and made new friends but they also had a semi-formal dance during the event. I took a few pictures.

4 comments:

kimkern said...

So do they have assigned seats in the van or do they sit where they want each time? I am glad to see things are going great in Texas for you guys!!

Kim

Lindh Family said...

Kim, they do not have assigned seats. Sarah and Caleb are still in full boosters but they move them when and where they see fit. I took several shots of all of them because I NEVER get one shot where everyone is actually looking at me!

The Chamberlain Family said...

I bet that was quite the surprise for Jason! How fun is that! The kids look great! Miss seeing your family!:)

Kelly said...

Best wife ever!