I awoke on August 3rd and did what we do every Sunday morning, get ready for church. But when it was time to leave this is what I found.
A flock of flamingos arrived to wish me a happy birthday! So I may have colorful "friends" who love and remember my big day but their counting skills are a little off, cuz 29 I am not! But it was so kind of them to remember me.
The kids made me a cake, double chocolate, my favorite! It was a nice, relaxing day before a hectic week of school. Jason and I went out for lunch on Friday (1st) to celebrate my birthday and then on Wednesday the 6th we went to lunch again to celebrate our 20th anniversary! It was great to look back on the last two decades and see how much we've overcome and accomplished together. Of course, it wasn't possible to spend too much time reminiscing as studies had to be attended to but we sure are grateful for the friendship and love we have shared so far. Really looking forward to the next several decades together. Before leaving for Boston we had one evening where I put the books away and we made our way down to the Waugh Street Bridge Bat Colony. It was really cool to watch the bats awake and begin their nightly feeding. They tend to leave their home at "sunset" and bats being unpredictable creatures, we got there before "sunset" so as not miss the event. We had fun sitting nearby and chatting and waiting. The smell was rather overwhelming but the sight was totally worth it! Chilling as we wait. ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() And then they took flight! ![]() Some "playtime" the next day.(Aug 9th) I finished finals on the 13th of August and the evening of the 15th we flew the whole family to Boston, MA!! My sister has lived in Boston 15 years and Jason and I have visited her once, 8 years ago, bringing only Caleb with us as an infant. She has been threatening to relocate from the Northeast and we decided it was as good a time as any to make a family visit. We had from August 13th to the 26th where no one was in school so we took the 15th to the 24th to go visit Boston and my sister. More in next post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
|






No comments:
Post a Comment