Sunday, September 28, 2014

Jammin' July

Jason was given some free tickets to an Astros game and so we went, my books in tow. I ignored Jae a little bit during the game so that I could study but I also made sure to enjoy the game and his company. We got to see the Mariners play again. =)

Taking a break in Jae's hammock.

On July 3 Nathan had his birthday party, swimming and an outdoor movie.


Fourth of July we went to downtown Friendswood to watch the local parade with the Hodson family.


Then we went home and Jason took most of the kids to a movie with the Carico family while I stayed and studied. Anna stayed home and watched Sarah because they didn't want to see Transformers. Then they all went over to the Carico's for dinner. I joined them when the sun went down and they set off fireworks.


On the 7th of July Nathan and Anna left for a youth trip to Nauvoo,IL. They visited Adam-ondi-Ahman (https://www.lds.org/scriptures/history-photos/photo-10?lang=eng), Independence, MO (https://www.lds.org/locations/independence-visitors-center), Nauvoo, IL (https://www.lds.org/locations/nauvoo-visitors-center?lang=eng#d) and Carthage, IL(https://www.lds.org/locations/carthage-jail). They had a fun, busy and spiritual trip seeing church history sites. They participated in several service projects during their stops, visited the Nauvoo temple and got to have fun in historic Nauvoo. They made new friends in the stake and had opportunities to strengthen their testimonies of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. There were some pictures posted on FB by some of their leaders, Nathan and Anna were in different groups, but I don't have access to those but I believe they can be seen on each of their respective FB pages.

On July 12th Jaron left for scout camp.


While waiting for the kids to arrive back from Nauvoo on the evening of the 12th, Jason took the others to the park to play. I was at clinicals, as that was how I spent my Saturdays from June 21st to August 9th.


July 18th, I was studying away, ignoring the kids, as I did the entire summer, when I heard, "Mom, you gotta come see this turtle we found!" I came out of my cave to discover this:

After taking a few pictures I sent them back to the creek to return the poor thing to his natural habitat.

Jaron returns home on the 19th.


July 21st, Nathan takes and passes his drive test. He is now street legal!


Summer of shakes at Sonic study break.


The summer was full of "sleepovers" where you get to sleep on the pull-out sofa that is upstairs in the play area. I came up one morning before leaving for school and found this:


July 25th, our ward got together to buy group discounted tickets to an Astros game. Jason took the whole family, minus me.
They stayed for the fireworks after the game. I never stay that long. I leave at 10 or the 7th inning stretch, whichever is later. So I've never seen the fireworks but the kids did and loved them.


July 31st, a first lost tooth for our last kiddo.

She ended up pulling the other one the next evening.

No comments: