Sunday, September 28, 2014

May madness

I forgot to have Jason take my "First day of School" picture so I had to do it myself. I am NOT good at selfies! It took several attempts to make this happen.

We started May out with Jaron's birthday. He invited friends to Jumping World and then back to our house for pizza, cake and ice cream, and swimming. The boys had a great time!

The next day we had our family party.


After we made plans with the Nelsons for the game on the 29th another friend, Ethan Boehner, invited us to the Mariners/Astros game on Saturday afternoon on the third. So after Jaron's party we went to the game with those kids that wanted to go and Darik was the only one. The Mariners won and I studied a bit during the game.


A few more track meets for Anna.


End of year concerts. Caleb is in the yellow shirt. Of course, I sat on the opposite side of the room, not knowing where the kids would be standing when the classes came out.


Cub scouting event, May 10th. Darik's Webelo group took a hike at the Challenger Seven Memorial Park and picked up garbage along the way. Jason went with him. I studied, Rae worked, and the rest of the kids were home. My dad flew in that afternoon and we picked him up from the airport. More about that later. Pictures from the hike.

Rachel and Nathan's last concert.

Anna's and Jaron's last concert.


May 19th, I was trying to study and Rae was at work so Jason took the kids out for Frosties so that I could get some quiet time.


May 24th I needed study time so Jason took the family to the ocean for the day.


Sarah's end of year concert May 30th.


Anna's birthday party was a complicated event. I can sum it up with "middle school drama". We had a plan for a beach party with a group of friends. However, said group had some issues come up amongst themselves in the days before the party and Anna felt that holding the party would not go well, so she cancelled. We were not able to reschedule anything until the 30th. For her birthday she went to the mall to go shopping and have ice cream with Elise and Tori, I sat and studied as they roamed the mall. Then I took the three girls to Jumping World for teen night, where I sat and studied as they jumped in the dark, with strobe lights. So, no pictures, but she had a good time celebrating her 14th birthday. We celebrated her birthday on Mother's Day while my dad was here. Again, this schooling thing has kind of thrown off my groove and there aren't any pictures of her cake and cards.


Father's Day comes early. I had a few minutes and went looking for a hammock to get Jason for Father's day. I got a good deal on it and had intended to save it and surprise him but I'm horrible at that so I gave it to him when it arrived. He loved it! May 31st.


My dad came to town to participate in Jaron receiving the Aaronic Priesthood. Boys in our church receive the Aaronic priesthood at the age of 12. Here is a link that will tell you a little more about that. https://www.lds.org/topics/aaronic-priesthood?lang=eng Nathan and Rachel had a band trip on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th of May so while Jaron was old enough the weekend before, we waited until Nathan could be there to participate. It was such a wonderful experience to watch my father, my husband, and my eldest son lay their hands on Jaron's head and give him the Aaronic Priesthood. It happened on Sunday the 11th, which was Mother's Day and it was the best gift I could have ever asked for. I am sorry to say that I did not remember to take a picture of the four of them after church was over. They were all in their Sunday best and it was a memory I will never forget.

No comments: