This picture was taken out in the stairway between the 9th and 10th floor one night while working. The skyline down in the medcenter is so pretty I wanted to take a picture of it and I hoped that by being in it myself that the light wouldn't bounce off the window as badly. Not sure it worked but I included it anyway.
Darik got new glasses to start the new school year and complement the new lenses.
Court of Honor Sept 2nd and Darik, Caleb, and Nathan all received awards and I got pictures of the event.
Jaron got some extra patches for participating in all THREE "Death Marches" at scout camp this summer!
Nathan also earned some camp patches.
September 5, a funky bug found in our yard.
September 12th band performance in their summer uniforms.
September 13, Anna took some pictures after church with her friend Tori.
When they found a new, shadier place to take pictures, Anna found herself a root to stand on, kind of turning the tables on Tori.
September 19, a note found in the girls' room.
September 20.
September 22 Jason and I had to go car shopping (the Volvo was having too many issues and it was time for an upgrade) and things ran long so we called the kids and told them they could go to Wendy's for dinner. So while waiting for their food to be delivered they took pictures to entertain themselves.
The last weekend in September my mom came to visit to celebrate her birthday. She spent half her time with us and half her time visiting her mother. We took her to Rudy's for her birthday dinner and she got to see Anna's band performance the morning of her birthday. Through a series of events I had no control over, I only had to work the first night she was in town so I got to enjoy her visit more than I had originally expected to.
September 26th, another band performance:
I must be honest, I miss Nathan being in band but we respect his choice to not participate this year and to work instead. But I can honestly say that taking pictures of ONE kid in pit is SO much easier than two kids on the field like two years ago. So I guess it all works out.
September 28th, got a text from a stranger with a picture of Rae performing service. It was so good to see her smiling face!
The month flew by (don't I say that every month?) and we survived me working the night shift for a short time and confirmed that days are a much better fit for our family. We are just so thankful that I had the opportunity to be hired to the day shift at all and so we count our many blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment