Tuesday, September 6, 2016

April 2016

Caleb's birthday is the way to start April. He turned 10 this year and we had a small celebration as a family.
















Then he had a party with friends. His desire was to have friends over for unstructured play. They played with toys, they played video games, they jumped on the trampoline, they ran around the neighborhood and they had a wonderful time doing it all. He chose a Pretty Pony pinata so that it would be okay to beat up Pretty Pony and not get in trouble for it.











Will

Brayden 

Gabe

Darik

Sarah

Caleb













Jason had the opportunity to spend the 15th of April over in Deweyville, TX helping to much out homes and businesses affected by the heavy flooding that had taken place over there. He left early Saturday morning, made the two hour drive over with other members of our church, worked all day, and drove home exhausted. Other Stakes in the region had been taking turns helping out the people in that community and it was the Friendswood Stake's turn to help.


April 23, taking a break after yard care for the morning.



April 24th, stormy skies lead to beautiful rainbows


April 25th, waiting for a letter from Rachel

April 27th, getting ready for smores! 


All my babies playing


Extra brick was available after the remodel on the front of the house so Jason and Nathan added them to the bush at the back of the house.




 April 20th Anna competed in UIL at Pearland High School and her band did very well. She had worked hard and totally rocked the sight-reading portion of the competition. I was on the opposite side of the room from her for that part so I couldn't see her. As I was listening to them sight-read this piece I kept thinking, "I feel so sorry for whoever is on snare. There is only one snare playing and they are the only one keeping the beat for this piece. They sure are doing well though." Turns out, it was Anna!
Performing their well-rehearsed piece

 The next day, the 21st, Jaron competed in UIL also. They did really well and I happened to get called off that day so I was able to attend and listen to him play.
One of only four trumpets. (They're serious about no pass/no play down here, three kids had to miss the contest due to poor grades.) A lot rested on their shoulders and they did a great job!

Add caption

Sarah looking pretty in one of her birthday dresses.

Before shot of they yard remodel on April 26th, the week after getting a new roof.

Before

Before

After

After

After

I almost forgot to include pictures of Mormon Prom. It was held April 15th (the day Jason went to Deweyville and I had to work) and so Nathan was on his own for preparation and execution of his last formal dance. His date was Amber Jepson, a nice young lady in our ward, and they doubled with another couple. The pictures were taken by another parent and forwarded to me. He told us he had a very nice evening and enjoyed himself a lot. He has a lot of friends that were at the dance and he is trying to make the most of his time before his mission call arrives.

No comments: