Friday, September 30, 2016

September 2016

As I mentioned in August, lots of football and band pictures this month. Because I have taken so long to document this stuff I can't give too many details about each event. This much I know, some games were lost, some were won. Some they played well and some left room for improvement. Anna, Jaron and Darik worked hard and grew through the month of September as athletes and musicians. As parents we tried to watch every performance but there are just too many to make that happen and still provide for a roof over their heads. I can say we hit at least 50%, and closer to 75% in some cases, of all games and such.
Labor Day weekend we headed over to San Antonio to use our Six Flags passes. We had another great visit. Unfortunately we can honestly say this was probably one of the busiest times we've seen at Six Flags so we didn't get to ride LOTS of rides but man, we can still have so much fun just being together as a group. Our kids have really learned well how to compromise, work together and be patient while waiting their turn.
I work a LOT of Saturdays, so it falls on Jason and the kids to get the weekly chores accomplished. They do a great job and then usually, if there isn't band, scouts, service projects, etc, they get to relax and have some fun. They went to Bass Pro Shop this particular day and had a good time shopping and shooting.
Nate continues to send regular letters and pictures. His blog has them but I'll include a few here.
Random kid pics, new bangs, new haircuts, fun at football games, etc. and a trip to the zoo.

No comments: