Thursday, August 20, 2009

Priest Lake

We finally made it to Priest Lake this summer. My friend Jen, who introduced me to the beauty of the Lake two years ago, was not able to go with me this time. But my sister-in-law, Selina, and her kids, were able to join us. We have kids all the same genders and ages from Jaron on down. Nathan and Anna are still in California and weren't there either. Rachel chose to come along without a friend and she and I got to spend some time together on the ride. She also brought a "best friend" of a good book so she had a great time up there.







It's a little bright out here don't you think?

Are you taking my picture?

Jaron discovered that bees liked his banana so he held it as bait while Holden had a hammer at the ready and Brandt had water to smash and drown the bee. Lucky for us all they were all too slow to catch it.


Sarah really enjoyed the water. She asked me to take her out there to sit and bob on the waves.

I did this for about twenty minutes when a man next to us offered this relief which she enjoyed for another half hour or so.

All in all it was a great, hot summer day. I don't know if we'll make it back up there before the 8th of September but at least I can say we did it once this summer. Thanks, Kellys, for joining us, we had a great time.

4 comments:

Mom said...

Looks like you had a great time today. Glad that Selina and the kids were able to go with you. I like the picture of Sarah sitting in the chair sunbathing. Quite the movie star.

The Metge Family said...

Glad you got to go and that you had a good time. Sarah is the picture of sheer pleasure in that last shot! Cute!

Anonymous said...

It seems to have been a wonderful summer for the Lindh family! I can't believe fall is just around the corner.
Kids here started school this week. I hear the giggles from here.
Have you heard there is an Urbandal Little League team in the LL World Series? They'll be on ESPN Sunday morning.

Heather B said...

Okay that place is absolutely beautiful! Email me driving driving directions, we totally have to go there...