Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Silverwood 2009

The children in school did their part and earned their tickets this spring to Silverwood so it was time to "pay up" and take them to the theme park. After taking Nicci with us last year we knew there was no way that we could take them all with us by ourselves. But finding another adult willing to ride the rides or hang out in a park all day with two little ones who can't ride rides was not sounding like fun. However, we were able to find a Grampa Ski who was willing to fly in Sunday night and hang out all day Monday with Caleb and Sarah. They made cookies and rolls and played all day. They had a great time while we all stood in lines waiting for rides.

We had a great time too. We did both Boulder Beach and Silverwood Park. Jason took Darik, Jaron and Anna while Nathan, Rachel and I took off in a different direction. But poor Nathan really hates coasters and that's what Rae wanted to ride. I was willing to tough it out with her. Nathan went and joined forces with the other group.

Before Tremors.

Still see the doubt in his eyes? That was the only coaster he rode and he hated it. Didn't do another one.

Waiting for mom and Rachel to do the Panic Plunge.

Panic Plunge goes straight up in the air and then free-falls for a short while before being gently lowered to the ground.


We survived it.

One of Darik's favorites, the tilt-o-whirl.


Nathan and Jaron enjoyed it too, as well as Anna. It was a little too tame for Rae.

A different ride that required pairs, I sat that one out.

A cool coaster Rae and I rode right at the end of our visit.

That's me up on top, second from the last, Rachel was on my far left, you can't see her.

The twist after the drop and before the loop-de-loop.

We had a great day and a fun time.

We rode thunder canyon together as a group and enjoyed that but I didn't want to get the camera wet. And we did all the big slides at the water park, but again, no camera. Thanks dad, for watching Sarah and Caleb.

As if that wasn't enough for my dad I put him to more work on Tuesday. I had him install two new sprinkler heads in the back yard to help catch areas that were missing the water. They work well and we really appreciate his willingness to spend his days off like this.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great day! The kids can keep the tilt-a-whirl, but I'll join you and Rae on the coasters.

The Metge Family said...

You are brave. I'm with Nathan when it comes to roller coasters!

Heather B said...

Josh did the same thing as Nathan! He did one, hated it, and won't do them again. I'm right with them myself :) Put me in the big salad spinner and I'm a happy camper though :)