Thursday, November 18, 2010

Achievements

On Sunday evening, the 14th, Nathan received his Second Class and First Class rank in Scouting. He finished them a little while ago but this was the first Court of Honor since completing them. We are so happy for his progress in the scouting program. It teaches such wonderful skills and values and he is growing and learning so much. Way to go Nathan!

He receives a patch for his uniform but the mothers receive a pin for their support and help in Scouting. This is a picture of us receiving our pins and patches.



And on Tuesday we attended the end of season band meeting. We had delicious desserts and watched a great slide show of the season. The kids also performed their number for us one more time. We did it in the comfort of the high school commons so it was nice and warm but no marching. Rachel received her letter for band. It was really bad lighting in the commons so I took the picture when we got home. Way to go Rae!

1 comment:

Cherisa said...

Way to go Rae! I spent 4 years in Wind Ensemble and Orchestra but never got a letter because we just sat on our backsides for our performances (I might have taken a few steps to move between the two groups as they took turns performing, but that's it). One semester of marching band never qualified. So way to go!

And congrats to Nate! I'm looking forward to my own scouting pins someday, too. Though I'm totally willing to wait on becoming a slave to the scouting program!