On Wednesday all of the schools had assemblies to honor their Veterans. We attended the one at Ponderosa because Anna and Jaron were singing for that one. They did a good job in singing. But I was so impressed with what a great job the entire student body did in being quiet and reverent for the entire assembly. These kids are being taught respect for their country and for the men and women who have served it so valiantly. It was inspiring to hear the songs and stories that remind us that, "Freedom isn't free".
Anna and Jaron are both wearing red shirts. The lighting isn't the greatest and I was sitting quite a ways back so the pictures aren't very good, sorry.


I've included some video clips. The one of the armed forces song was so hard for Anna to sing. She did okay on the tribute to the Air Force and Army but totally lost it on the Navy. She has several grandpas who served in the Navy so that branch is pretty special to her and singing it always chokes her up.
No comments:
Post a Comment