Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Anna's birthday

May 12th was Anna's 12th birthday. As I mentioned in Jaron's post I had finals the week of her birthday. Nathan was out of town Friday and Saturday so we stretched the celebration over Saturday and Sunday. After getting her haircut on Saturday afternoon Anna got to go with a friend to do some beading. She made some pretty jewelry for herself and Sarah and me.

She got to choose the dinner for the night - barbecued chicken and rice. But right after dinner she chose to go to the drive in to see The Avengers as a family, minus Nathan. She opened her gift from us while we were there. She got makeup and a Kelly Clarkson CD. The movie got done about 11 and we arrived home by 11:30. Then Rachel and I went back out at midnight to pick up Nathan.

Church was the next morning from 9-12 and it was also Mother's Day. After we got home from church the kids wanted me to open my Mother's Day gifts and when I finished with those, she opened her birthday gifts. When that was done we ate lunch and celebrated with her favorite "cake" - cheesecake.

It was all a little crazy but all the elements were there.
Layers!!

At the movies.

Sunday after church.

1 comment:

The Brown's Sanitarium said...

my gosh she looks so much older with make up. Very nicely applied too. :)