I had my finals the 10th-12th. On Friday the 13th I had an in-person interview down in Galveston at University of Texas Medical Branch for the School of Nursing. It went really well and I was told to expect an answer before the end of January. Well, I got an e-mail on the 17th that I had been accepted to UTMB's SON!! I was so excited and relieved to have that settled. I have applied to two other schools but this was my first program of choice and I am very grateful to know where and when I'll attend school in the spring. I will start May 5th. I will attend 3 semesters with 20 credits per semester and graduate in May of 2015! My sister sent me a t-shirt to commemorate the big news.

Darik has been involved in First Lego League Robotics club since mid-September. His team met every Monday morning at 7:30 and every Thursday afternoon until 4:30. In mid-November Tuesday afternoon practices were added until 4:30 and in December those afternoon practices extended until 5. He and his team have worked hard and had so much fun. The competition was December 14th and his team took 10th out of 21 teams. Here are a few pictures of the awards ceremony. Parents aren't allowed into the competition areas so we didn't attend this event with him. But we showed up for the closing ceremonies.


Jason had to fly to Kansas City on the 16th and came home on the 19th. While he was gone the Hodsons invited us to attend a Living nativity put on by a church near their home. We had a wonderful time attending "Bethlehem" at the time of the Savior's birth.
Trying new foods.
A "wise man" was testing Caleb Hodson to see how wise he is.


Goofing around, waiting to enter the "city" set up inside the gymnasium of the church.
Donkeys, sheep, goats and a camel were brought in for the occasion.
I didn't take any pictures inside because I was trying to keep track of kids and just enjoy the experience. Between the two families there are 14 kids, and most are responsible for themselves, but a group our size had a very hard time staying all together. It was a wonderful experience and it was so much fun to have a living focus to remind us, again, of why we celebrate the Christmas season. I was kind of bummed that Jason couldn't make it but nothing could be done about it so we enjoyed ourselves despite the missing piece.
We are so grateful for our new friends. Jenny and I met in such a strange way that there's no doubt that the Lord wanted us to be friends. Our families get along so well and it's great to have friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment