Sunday, January 5, 2014

Dickinson Festival of Lights

Rachel has had a lot of opportunities to work this break so finding time to go see Christmas lights has been difficult. But we finally made it happen on the 30th. We travelled down to a small town called Dickinson to see their Festival of Lights. It was really pretty and fun to walk through. It was great to have an evening to spend together. I'm so glad our kids are growing up and gaining experience but it's kind of hard to share them even more with the world at large. It's a good thing Rachel has a job and we're happy for what she is learning and gaining through the job but I prefer to have her around more. Oh well, it's just a hint of things to come, I suppose. I'm so grateful that families are eternal, it brings me comfort all the time. Now, on to the lights!
As we were heading in we stopped for a group photo.


And then some man who was working there offered to take a photo of all of us, yahoo, thank you!

But Caleb was a bit past done with photo taking.

Then we went to the cookie shack and decorated cookies.

Then on to more lights.

Posing with a Texas Longhorn, symbol of the UT system, the school where I'll be attending.

And with a flash.

A baby longhorn.

No comments: