Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Lake part 2

The only pictures of Darik that I have are with other kids, I'll have to work on that for next time. The kids had a good time playing in the water and the sand. My littler guys kept warm in the sand. Rachel played in the water the whole time. Anna and Nathan were in and out all day. I learned something new today. Last year's sunscreen does not work this year. I was trying to be frugal, with 7 kids ya have to be. I used up all of last years sunscreen. Then started with a new bottle. Those who got the old stuff got burnt. The new stuff worked just fine. Same brand and all so the only difference was age. I'm kind of sick that some of my kids are burnt but I had no idea until it was too late. Next time we go it won't be an issue but I feel badly for those, Rachel, Nathan, Anna and Jaron, that got the skimpier coverage. Fortunately Sarah, Caleb and Darik emerged unscathed. To save on gas Jenn and I met up north, she lives on the south hill, and carpooled from there. She has a 15 passenger van. We got all 12 kids in there and towed my little luggage trailer with all the chairs, towels, food, drinks, crib, etc. So we saved half the cost of gas and had the fun of traveling together. 12 kids and 9 of them in boosters or car seats. Her van did well to hold us all. Can't wait to go again, hopefully with warmer weather. I like the 90-95 range. Thanks Jenn for playing with us.


3 comments:

Heather B said...

What a fun time!! I did NOT know that about sunscreen... Oh my. I guess I need to go buy new...

Cherisa said...

I must say again how amazingly different from your previous Caleb looks! I can't wait to see him in person to find out what personality traits he picked up from the Miller side of the family.

I'm supprised you of all people didn't konw last year's sunscreen is almost worthless. It breaks down over time so if you do use it, you have to apply twice as often. The new stuff Aveeno came out with (SPF 70, thank you!) is supposed to be a more stable formula. I don't know if it will be a better bet a year after you buy it but it is a better sunblock when it hasn't expired (yes, they have expiration dates).

WOW! I get to tell my big sister something she didn't already know! :)

Cherisa said...

Oops... That line was supposed to be "differnt from your previous children Caleb looks!" And please ignore the other spelling errors. I'm awake but my fingers are still snoozing, apparently.