Nathan's birthday was the 27th and we had a party for him on Saturday the 28th. His recital was that morning from 10 to 11 and the party was from 1 to 3 so it was a very busy day. He was able to invite 5 friends over. It was looking a little iffy at the beginning of the week for RSVP's because of people being on vacation. But we finally got ahold of everyone, yeah! We had hamburgers for lunch and then let the kids choose their activities. They played play station and the Wii and air hockey. Then we did a pinata. I have no pictures of the pinata. With Nathan's five guests and our 7 kids Jason and I were kept busy keeping everyone safe and sound. No blood, no bruises and plenty of candy made it a great activity. The price we paid was no pictures, I'm okay with that. Then we finished with cake and presents. The funny thing was these kids took FOREVER to eat! They all got along so well and school had been out for two weeks that they kept talking and talking. Now while I can appreciate that skill more than anyone we didn't have time to do the slip n slide because the food part took so long. But Nathan had a great time so it's a success.
Sunday, July 6, 2008
One last birthday entry
Nathan's birthday was the 27th and we had a party for him on Saturday the 28th. His recital was that morning from 10 to 11 and the party was from 1 to 3 so it was a very busy day. He was able to invite 5 friends over. It was looking a little iffy at the beginning of the week for RSVP's because of people being on vacation. But we finally got ahold of everyone, yeah! We had hamburgers for lunch and then let the kids choose their activities. They played play station and the Wii and air hockey. Then we did a pinata. I have no pictures of the pinata. With Nathan's five guests and our 7 kids Jason and I were kept busy keeping everyone safe and sound. No blood, no bruises and plenty of candy made it a great activity. The price we paid was no pictures, I'm okay with that. Then we finished with cake and presents. The funny thing was these kids took FOREVER to eat! They all got along so well and school had been out for two weeks that they kept talking and talking. Now while I can appreciate that skill more than anyone we didn't have time to do the slip n slide because the food part took so long. But Nathan had a great time so it's a success.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What a great time, both of them! With seven children, birthdays take up most of the year, don't they? :) I love it :)
Wow, Nate invited a girl over? I thought that stuff was restricted to one's 16th birthday...
Cute b-day shots of all the kids! I wish we were closer...
When did Nate get glasses?
Post a Comment