Sunday, July 6, 2008
Workin' weekend
A w
eekend without parties, primary activities or
any other obligations. We worked. May 31st we took a
morning and Jason, with help from the older children, recessed the trampoline into our hillside. This weekend we finally added the construction webbing
to the bottom to prevent Caleb from walking underneath while others are bouncing. June 7th Bill and Linda (Jason's parents) came down and Bill helped Jason with removing two pine trees from the sloped "island" in the back yard and this weekend we weeded around half that island and planted more vinca to hopefully grow and join the established foliage. Removing the two pine trees will allow the fir tree to get bigger and the vinca to grow better. We also planted 35 junipers on our hillside between the front yard and the road. Jason's not very fond of Junipers but it was a good option for erosion of the hill. So there was a lot of dirt and sweat but it felt good to work out there. Slowly these projects come along. There's always a project it seems.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow!! Looks great! Awesome job! By the way, you are quite the blogging queen :)
I saw the first picture and though "Hm... I don't remember that trampoline being there..." Then I realized I've only visited when you had just moved in. So of course the trampoline wasn't up yet. But how nice to have it tucked into the hill there. And how much easier than digging a huge pit!
Post a Comment