We came home for lunch and then DTL and I headed back out for some shoe shopping. As we had run the errands of the morning I realized that his shoes kept coming un-velcroed. I was tired of it and as they are over a year old decided to take him to Kohl's for some new ones. He found a great pair that he loves and were on sale. They are so cool! They light up when he walks. The strap of red, white and blue lights up as well as the light spots up by the toes.
Jason and I agreed to help out some other families in the ward and watched some children while their parents attended the temple this afternoon. Afterward we met with several other families, who had either babysat or attended the temple, and had a pizza dinner down at the church building. It was a good activity and we had fun until it was time to leave.
The kids were called, given their coats and asked to head out to the car. Darik and Jaron were in the lead, bounding straight out to the car from the kitchen door of the church. Darik tripped right by the van. He caught himself on the bumper of the van - with his top, front TEETH! It was horrible! There was a lot of blood, as can be expected, and a whole lot of tears. We hurried home, dropped everyone, and I took him down to the ER to be examined.
By the time we were seen the bleeding had stopped, thankfully. The teeth are still intact in the sockets, but they are loose. Fortunately, they are all baby teeth. He's to see Dr. Moffitt, his dentist, on Monday to see what he recommends, and NOT to wiggle them between now and then. No "real" food for tomorrow just really soft things.
A collage of the inside of the ER room by Darik Lindh.
4 comments:
Ouch!! Poor guy and poor mom! I am glad that the teeth are in tact and only have a couple more years to hopefully be useful. Good luck at the dentist.
Oh, Just when things are going well, something happens like that! Poor guy! Let's hope for the best tomorrow!
OOoh no fun, hope everything is ok.
I don't think I realized that DTL has an underbite. But, OW, that looks painful. Glad he can still smile...
Post a Comment