Wednesday, October 28, 2009

My Best Friend

Jason is my best friend. His birthday is today and I want to wish him a very happy birthday. He left this morning for Austin, TX. He'll be gone until Saturday afternoon. I'm going to miss him, as will the children. He has a CLE to do. Fortunately for him, a former co-worker from MVS in Des Moines, lives and works in Austin. So he will have a chance to see a friend while attending his classes.

Because of this trip we celebrated his birthday last night. We had his favorite dinner of creamy chicken and rice and then a plain white cake for dessert. On Sunday we kept Darik home from church because he hadn't been seen by the dentist yet. Sarah had a goopy nose and she stayed home also. I took the rest of the kids to church. Halfway through the sacrament meeting Caleb developed a bloody nose. I tried to get it to stop but had no luck. So I took him home before primary started. When I got there this is what I found. Did I mention what a great dad he is?

Sarah was playing on/near him and just kind of fell asleep there.

Now, pictures from the "party".

Naked baby ready to eat cake, bathtubs are the easiest cleanup.


Happy and clean after the bath. The hat was her addition.

Another clean "baby" and cars.

2 comments:

Heather B said...

Happy Birthday, Jason!!!

LOVE the pictures of Sarah!

Cherisa said...

What a comfy pillow you married!