Saturday, October 10, 2009

Super Saturday

Today Jason took care of the kids while I attended "Super Saturday" at church. It's a 5 hour block of time for the women to work on different crafts of our choosing and socialize and have lunch together. I was there from 10 to 3 and had a great time. I wanted to show off what I did.

We have an important document in our church entitled "The Family: A Proclamation to the World". Its content can be found here . My "crafty" part was decorating the mat around the edge. It took some work and time but I think it came out very nicely. Jason and the kids loved it.


We also have another document entitled "The Living Christ" and its content can be found here . I did the same type of thing for its mat. There were 12 little pictures of artwork depicting Jesus Christ and scenes from His life and I used those to decorate the mat.


Not too often I get to blog about something I did without the kids so I figured I'd take time to share a little about me. I had a great afternoon and I think Jason is the greatest husband for supporting me in a little getaway time.

3 comments:

Heather B said...

They turned out beautifully!!! Nice job!

Mom said...

Tell Darik he is a good photographer. Interesting pictures, like the doctors foot. What will be his next adventure with the camera.
And Lanae what a nice job on your picture frames. They turned out really nice. It's fun to do crafts with friends.

The Metge Family said...

Those look really good! Glad you got to go do that!