Friday, October 15, 2010

Off on another band trip

She's off again this afternoon for a band trip to Yakima. As we packed her clothes and shoes, shampoo and soap we reviewed a few "mother notes". You know, those pearls of wisdom mom spouts to make life better. Here are the ones Rach got to hear. Choose charity. Guilty by association. Obedience brings happiness. Remember who you are. Return with honor. There are several but I couldn't choose just one so I said them all. They're short, she should be able to remember them. =) She's a good kid and will have a great time this weekend. We miss her but participation in marching band has been such a great experience for her that we are happy she has had this opportunity for learning and growth. (I know that I'm delinquent in pictures of this activity, I plan to remedy that in two weeks at their last home football game.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Again Lanae, you need to write a book. What wonderful words. You are a wonderful mom!

Nichole said...

Doesn't surprise me one bit that RAchel is in band.. she was a natural with music (as is her mother). I'm proud to have been her first piano teacher! Your family looks great and I can't believe how much everyone has grown. You have longer hair but other than that you don't look a day older- how is that possible!!!!