These two girls were so kind! They were sitting down waiting/resting and heard us talking to the kids about showing the cattle. They offered to let them pet their cows and answer any questions the kids had.
Then it was off to the dairy exhibit.
Usually I try not to embarrass any of my kids but then they make faces like this and I have no self-control.




Checking out the insects and bugs of this world.




Then a favorite, baby chicks! We got to watch some hatch, it was very cool.
And who can resist the fluffy bunnies?
There was a birthing center where brand new baby cows and piglets were able to be seen.
We got to eat dinner there which is the yummy and expensive fair food. We also went and enjoyed about an hour of rodeo work. We watched team cow penning. It was cool to see how they could sort out three specific cows from a group of 27 and drive them to a pen. The teams we watched had three members on horseback and they were all so impressive to see. I was enjoying myself so much I forgot to take pictures!
We had a great time wandering around and taking in all the sites of the rodeo. I'm sure we'll go back next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment