Saturday, October 4, 2008

Conference and a can of white paint






So it's Conference Weekend. For those who don't know what that means, it means we have no formal church on Sunday. Instead we have two two-hour blocks of talks on Saturday and Sunday that are broadcast via cable, satellite and internet. So while listening to conference this afternoon we decided to paint the kitchen. Not a new color, just reapplying what was already there. This cleaned up all the little dings and scratches they've received over the last year and a half. But that was a little too inspiring for me. So when we finished the kitchen and conference was over I persuaded Jason to head downstairs and we did the wainscoting in that bathroom. That looked really good so after he left for the men's meeting, that's only broadcast to the church buildings, I attacked the vanity in the upstairs bathroom. Gotta say I'm quite happy with the results in all 3 rooms. Just thought I'd share all our hard work. The kids helped by staying out of the way and taking care of Sarah and Caleb. And Nathan missed his last set of baseball games due to rain. So we're done with that, we learned a lot and maybe next spring we'll do it again, we'll see.

4 comments:

Cherisa said...

The painting looks great! I'd almost forgotten what your kitchen looks like it's been so long!

Heather B said...

Beautiful job!!!

EvieMae said...

Awesome kitchen! Looks great!

Mom said...

You guys did a really good job on the painting. I know who to call if we ever need some painting done.
Love, Mom L