Monday, November 10, 2008

Concerts

Rachel had her first jazz band concert this past Wednesday. The band went up to Whitworth University and was adjudicated along with other jazz bands. I used my new camera and could take a much longer video. But I did not record the whole event. I did record her solo, though. I told Jason afterwards that recording your child is a very difficult thing because I get torn between videography and being mom. You'll understand better when you see the video. I apologize for the blackness, I forgot to turn the camera off so that I could clap. The result is pretty obvious. I hope to get better with time.



Anna also had a concert on Friday to honor our Veterans. I took several small videos of different songs and let her choose which one I should publish. This one was her favorite. She did a good job of singing. This is the group, Pinetones, that we take her to on Tuesday mornings before school to rehearse. They did a great job and it was a very moving assembly. Anna told me later that it's hard to sing while crying. No doubt!! I can empathize completely. Music sometimes speaks to us in ways nothing else can and unfortunately, as performers, we are not immune to its power. It takes a lot of practice to convey a message with feeling without feeling it, if you know what I mean.

2 comments:

Cherisa said...

I see the video posting worked for you! What a pro you're becoming!

It's nice to know the sounds of a junior high jazz band haven't changed in a decade and a half! Rache did a great job! If that girl can act, I believe you have what those in the entertainment industry call a "triple threat!" Singing and TWO instruments. There's a lot of talent there!

The Pinetones sounded very good! Aiden listened to both videos several times while bopping along to the music. And you can't tell Anna is emotional at all.

Good job Lindh girls!

Heather B said...

Awesome jobs!!!