Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween weekend

Well, we made it out for Halloween evening and a little trick-or-treating. Rachel went to spend the night at a friend's house and trick-or-treated with her family. So we felt a little lonesome with just the six but they had a good time.




Then on Saturday morning we were very busy. Nathan had piano from 8-8:30. Jason then picked him up to take him to meet his scout troop. They put bags on the doors of certain neighborhoods for "Scouting for Food". Next weekend the Boy Scouts will pick up filled bags. Anna had piano at 8:30 and at that time the rest of the kids and I went to get Rachel. We got her back to piano at 9 and then went back to pick her and Anna up at 9:30.

We then did small projects around the house, cleaned up the garage and lockers, cleaned out the cars, raked needles, put bikes away, etc. Jason and Nathan were home by 11 and helped out too. At 12:30 we decided to go have some fun.

We went to McDonald's at Liberty Lake, the only playplace McD's in the area we've never been to and had lunch.


From there we went to Cabela's and shopped around a little. We looked at the fish and all the stuffed animals.




The highlight was the shooting range.




Sarah had a great seat in the cart to watch all the shooting.


I even got in on the fun.


After all the festivities we went back to Spokane and got a few errands in at Best Buy, Sears and Costco. I got a camera case for my new camera. Jason got me a new Cannon powershot SD1100. It's so tiny it fits in my pocket and I love it! It now lives in my purse and hopefully no more "We had a great time but I forgot the camera." nonsense. We rented a movie for the kids and it's been a fun weekend for all. Jason, Caleb and Sarah stayed home from church today because the two little ones had nasty noses and Jason's struggling with a cold also. The extra hour of sleep was much appreciated.

There were more photos taken so if you're interested you can click on the link below.
Halloween weekend

4 comments:

Mom said...

What a fun and exciting weekend you had.

Cherisa said...

Hey... I thought the deal was a year's worth of posts before a new camera. But I'm glad Jae caved and got you one now! Does it take more than 12 seconds of video???

Looks like everyone had fun. I have no idea what Cabelas is... But it looks entertaining.

Funny line - "...we felt a little lonesome with just the six..." You know most people would call that a super full house, right? ;)

Heather B said...

I love the picture of Jason and Sarah, slinging Daddies are the best!

Isn't Cabella's the best?! Glad you got a picture of you shooting too, you look like the next Pres. of the NRA :)

I clicked on the link to see the extra (didn't make it to the blog :) pictures, and I love the ones in the van, we have those SAME pictures! Funny.

And I can totally relate to feeling lonesome with just six, we feel that way every time Amber is gone somewhere!

Great post! And Congrats on the new camera!!

Bromileys said...

So fun! Is the Cabela's new? Kevin will be jealous. We'll have to make a trip over there to see y'all and the mega store!