Sunday, November 30, 2008

Raptor Reef

So we had a rather unorthodox Thanksgiving at our house. My parents and my sister and her daughter, Megan, came to visit for Thanksgiving. But Celina needed to take Megan to LaGrande, OR to visit Megan's dad for Thanksgiving. So she and I left with Megan and Sarah early Wednesday morning and traveled south. On Thursday morning the rest who remained at home went and spent the day at Raptor Reef. It is an indoor water slide park that we went to last Christmas. The kids had a good time. Celina and I got back late Thursday night and we all celebrated Thanksgiving together on Friday. You can click on the picture to get to the album. Yes, Cherisa, another lazy post. What can I say? There's only so many hours in a day.
Raptor Reef

On a completely different note Sarah has taken to a new past-time this week. She loves to walk, holding my fingers, of course. She is also learning to scoot along holding onto furniture. She crawls up you to get your attention and then will cry if you pick her up and cry harder if you put her down. But she reaches out for your hand and pulls herself to standing and then starts walking and looks at you like, "Hey, are you coming, or what?" So here is a small clip of her walking around the kitchen.

3 comments:

Cherisa said...

Look at those chubby little legs walking! I guess Sarah got tired of waiting around for the rest of the family to come "rescue" her whenever she was abandoned and decided to take matters into her own hands (or feet, as it were). You're in trouble now!

Raptor Reef looks like it was fun! I think we'll need to take a little trip over there the next time I make it out to Spokane. Hopefully that will be before our kids are all in college...

Heather B said...

I'll have to check out Raptor Reef, never heard of it! And way to go, Sarah!!

Unknown said...

Which is "our" favorite pastime: walking in circles, or you running into furniture? ;-)

Very cute little chubby legs!