Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Mary Kay doesn't go that far this way

So, my sister Caryn sells Mary Kay. In July of 2007 I bought a tube of tinted moisturizer from her. In June of 2008 Rachel turned 12 was allowed to start wearing make up. I ordered her a tube of the same moisturizer. I also ordered myself one as I was fairly low on the original tube purchased a year earlier. I kept hanging on to it ready to use it when the older tube gave up the ghost. I mentioned to Caryn about how long this stuff lasts. She admitted that it is a problem when she's trying to move volume because people don't run out very often. Finally, the end of October I felt like I'd gotten all I was going to get from this poor little tube and I switched over to the brand new one. I was very impressed with how long the moisturizer had lasted and looked forward to not needing a new one for at least another year.

Tuesday mornings Nathan goes to school early for strings. Jason drives him there at 7:30. On Tuesday mornings I drive Anna to school at 8:15 for Pinetone rehearsal. I get back home about 8:22 and then walk Jaron down to the bus stop at the bottom of the hill at 8:34. I was gone all of 4 minutes, about the same time it would have taken to start a new load of clothes in the washer. When I got back this is what I found.







All I could think was, "Mary Kay doesn't go that far this way." That's all I could think as I was cleaning up the mess. Caleb got ahold of this tube and enjoyed himself immensely. He didn't get any on himself, those would have made much cuter pictures than my bathroom floor. But he did manage to get the top of the cat food box. I expect I'll be ordering more in June as he took about half a bottle to do his art deco. Hey, Rynn, maybe you could suggest this to other customers as a way of entertaining two year olds. =) Mine got a great 4 minutes play out of it.

4 comments:

Cherisa said...

This reminds me of a scene from "Adventures in Babysitting." The younger sister steals the older brother's "zit cream"- which is flesh toned- to paint with. Perhaps your little man has a future in the arts?

Unknown said...

Yikes! This is why my makeup is now on top of our bathroom cabinet, 'cause Andrew would do artwork in a heartbeat. I actually happened upon him playing with my foundation on himself - it made for a weird ghost-y effect, because he covered his entire eyebrow and eyelash area. Those kids...

Heather B said...

LOL!! Sorry, it was probably not that funny when it happened, but it made me laugh anyway :) I can totally see it :)

Jen said...

It must be in the genes because about 8 months ago my little angel got into my Mary Kay tinted moisturizer. She managed to get it all over her self as well as in her mouth. (She was home with Daddy at the time). I ended up calling poison control. I found out that is actually is not toxic just high in fat.