Saturday, November 21, 2009

Fall band concert

Thursday night was the fall band concert. Rachel and Nathan both performed. Nathan has really taken to the clarinet and hopes to move on to saxophone (and jazz band) next year. Rachel had two solos but we're only posting one of them here. The kids had a special treat that their Gramma Lindh was able to make it to the concert - thanks so much for coming.

They both did a great job and I am so happy to have such talented musicians in our home. Their strengths really bless our family and we're all enriched by their willingness to learn new things. Afterwards it was ice cream cones at Chester, a yummy tradition. Great job kids!

Here is Rachel playing her French horn in symphonic band.


Here is Nathan's band. They've been together since the beginning of school.


Here is one of Rachel's trumpet solos for jazz band.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great concert! Brings back lots of memories for me as I was a band kid all the way through. Thanks for posting!

Mom said...

I was so glad I was able to be there for the kids concert. Brings tears to my eyes just listening to them again. They did a fantastic job. So glad they have taken up music. Thank you for inviting me.

The Chamberlain Family said...

Great Job Rachel. Loved it. You kids certainly have a talent with your instruments!