Saturday, November 28, 2009

New Moon

New Moon, the second of the Twilight series, was released midnight on Thursday night. Midnight came and went and Rachel was sound asleep at home. However, we made plans for her to "Fill the van." The weekend before Rachel and I made calls and found 7 friends of hers that wanted to go to the 2pm showing of New Moon on Saturday the 21st. We even picked up another mom, Joy, Becca's mother, to go along with us.

Saturday morning Rachel had a meeting at the church from 8 to 10 to plan events that the youth will do for next year. I had a primary quarterly activity from 9:30 to 11 so I was at the church with the other 4 kids (Nathan to Darik)at 9. When Rae got done with her meeting she just hung out with us and helped out with the activity, she was a lot of help. We got cleaned up and home by 11:30.

Then we had a quick lunch and headed out at 12:30 to pick up all the girls. We made it down to the theater by 1:15. We were able to get great seats all together when our line was allowed in the building. The girls had SO MUCH FUN! Joy and I had a great time watching them giggle and enjoy each other and the movie.

Here we are waiting in line. Joy is on the far right looking at the girls.


After the movie.


Lexi's dad picked her up after the movie and then I ran each girl home and arrived home about 5:30. It was a great afternoon and I had so much fun with Rachel.

2 comments:

Heather B said...

How fun!! Can't wait for us to go see it too!

P.S. the "word verification" down below for me to post this comment totally says "farta". Seriously... "farta" :)

The Metge Family said...

Sounds like a packed Saturday (as usual). Glad you got to go to the movie. How did your Primary activity go?