No flash photography meant holding very still so I'll only attach one picture.
We got a cool surprise. They introduced every member of the band and then had the supporting orchestra stand for introduction at the beginning of the concert. When the French Hornist stood up I said to Jason, "Doesn't that look like Megan?" (Megan is the name of Rachel's French Horn teacher.) I was pretty darn sure it was her but at intermission we headed over to that side of the stage to check it out. Then I got to say some of my favorite words, "I was right!"
They ask local musicians to do the support music. She did a great job. The really funny thing is that earlier this summer she and her family had bought tickets for Mannheim Steamroller's performance in Missoula on the 12th. Megan is from Montana. So she watched them perform in Missoula on 12th with her family and then performed with them in Spokane on the 13th. She didn't get asked to work with them until last month. We feel very pleased to have her as Rachel's teacher. It added a personal touch to the concert for us.
It was a great evening and a lot of fun. You can tell that the musicians perform because of how much they enjoy it. They were fun to watch and the music was great.
2 comments:
I've always enjoyed Mannheim Steamroller. I didn't know they were coming to Spokane! Glad you got to go.
Ooooh Mannheim Steamroller! They are going to be in Wenatchee in Dec and my Mother in law got us tickets for my birthday! Sooo excited! Looks like you had a great time!
Post a Comment