We were hoping that Jason would be able to get off work early and join us for some fun at Chuck E Cheese's. He wasn't able to leave any earlier than 4:30 but we met him at the joint a little before 5. I was informed that the place had been packed all day long and that it had finally started to slow down. It was pretty sparse when we got there so I was glad for his work.
We hadn't been there since Caleb's birthday in April and we had a great time! We ordered some food with a coupon that I clipped from the paper. Unfortunately, our server dropped it on the floor on the way to our table. She apologized that we would have to wait for it to be cooked again. While waiting, the manager came over and gave us an extra 50 tokens for the kids. We really liked that.
Then, while the kids were all off playing and I was manning the table an older gentleman came up and started talking with me. It was evident from his name tag that he works there. I had read a magazine article about him several months ago and knew that he was the owner of the two Spokane stores. We talked for about 10 minutes as the kids came and went from the table getting more tokens and bringing me tickets. At the end of the chat he took out a business card and wrote "Turn in for 100 tokens". We really, really liked that. The value of all the extra tokens ended up paying for our meal.
The kids had a great time playing together. Rachel buddied up with Sarah to play the Tower of Power. She let Sarah put in the token and hit the button. Sarah managed to hit the bonus light twice! The picture of the two of them together is the proof of her winnings. Sarah has been taking picture taking advice from Caleb and is scrunching up her eyes to "smile for the camera".
Not really noticing I'm there with the camera.
Starting to notice.
Noticing.
Dreaming of 16.
Friendly competition.
Concentrating.
"My turn now."
Awfully pink car, did we sell more Mary Kay than everyone else?
Another jump roping marathon's winnings.
Lots of fun! Thanks dad for hanging out with us after a long day at work.
2 comments:
How Fun! That is so great that you got extra tickets. I love it when things like that happen. Makes your day! I am glad you had so much fun as a family.
Looks like lots of fun. (Have you ever noticed how much more fun things are when they are free? Glad you got all those extra tokens!)
Post a Comment