The scenery is beautiful and the history is fascinating. We learned lots about the area, located 20 miles away from us, and about the mining in this state. Turns out that Samuel Clemens spent a few years living here, attempting to mine. He didn't do too well and returned east to try his hand at writing. Seems that worked out much better for "Mark Twain".
Hold on to your hats cuz Rae was the photographer for this trip.
Our fearless driver. (The road up to this town is NOT very van friendly. My mom kept saying, "Look at that!" To which I replied, "I'm looking at the road, if it's not on the road, I'm not looking!")
They did a GREAT job in this rock shop! No one touched anything.
Though Sarah required a little strong-arming.
Our trolley ride.
Views from the trolley.
Fire truck museum. Seems part of the town burned down in the late 1800's.
Our train ride. Some rode inside and others rode outside.
1 comment:
You didn't go to the "library" candy store? Didn't want to buy $10/lb taffy?
Post a Comment