Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Yosemite - Day three

Day three we visited Wawona. It is nearer the entrance of the park and they have old cabins there to see what life was like for early settlers of Yosemite. They had a farrier's post to see how blacksmithing was done. (Totally off topic, notice Rachel's hair, I did it. It's an inside out braid because I don't know how to braid correctly but thought I'd point it out.)

Sarah and Megan are the two littlest in this photo.

Sarah got a little bored waiting so I let her have the camera for a bit.

We got to ride a stagecoach!

Second group.


We had a great visit to Yosemite! It was wonderful of Miller Grandpa to invite us and let us stay with him and visit such a beautiful place. Wednesday afternoon we returned to Madera to wash laundry and stay the night. Grandpa took us out to dinner at a family favorite - IHOP! The kids got to go see Mr. Popper's Penguins at the theater while mom and I sat at the non air conditioned laundry mat doing laundry. (That's only relevant because Madera was at 109 when we returned to town.)

We stopped at Gramma Miller's grave on our way out of town on Thursday morning. It's hard to believe it's been three years. We miss her still but she has a beautiful resting place, it was good to get to see it. Then we hit the road.

No comments: