At the beginning of the trail.
And in the words of another friend, "Hydrate, or die!" Filling up water bottles before starting our walk.
The fence around this viewpoint worked as a great tripod and I used the timer to get a few pictures of our rowdy group.
Have no idea what mountain that is but it's fairly pretty so it got a photo of its own.
A perennial favorite, playing in water.
Proof of said frogs.
An uncooperative Caleb during a group shot.
When Jae stepped away Caleb almost fell in the creek. (He stayed dry.)
Rachel's solution.
Still not well received. Sometimes being six is just too much.
Looking at/for more frogs. Some of these shots just really made me giggle.
Exploring further up the trail while heads were being dunked over the side of the walkway.
A rocky "beach" to explore.
One of several attempts at a good kids photo.
Almost there.
It was time to call it quits and move on to a new view.
I'm sure that somewhere near the beginning of this post I mentioned fish. There was an underwater viewing area of the creek we had just been standing near.
Sure! NOW he's all smiles.
Just outside the "aquarium" the kids spotted some crawdads in the stream.
Caleb and Sarah were showing me the size of the fish they saw. Rachel's setting the record straight.
There was also a promise of birds, so here is a bird.
We left the Taylor Creek park and headed back to South Lake Tahoe for lunch. As we were passing an establishment we saw two parrots hanging out on the railing. I took this picture from a moving car.
We got picnicking supplies in "town" and headed for a beach to eat our yummy lunch. Then we traveled home. A few kids were tired. =)
It was a great Labor Day Weekend. I should have been studying more but was so glad to make some great memories with the family, totally worth it!
1 comment:
What fun! I giggled at Caleb. Adam does the same wonderful 6 year old things to me. Smiles constantly until you need him to.
Post a Comment